Under Mount Door Sweep for Exterior Door?

Where to find entry door sweep hardware that attaches to the underside of the door instead of to the face. March 20, 2012

Question
I will soon be starting to build a custom mahogany exterior entry door, which I will need a door sweep and weatherstripping for. I was hoping to find a sweep that could be mounted under the door bottom, so that you don't see the mounting. The door will be 2 1/4" thick x 40" wide, and the threshold will be made of wood as well. Just looking for options and suppliers for this material.

I like the automatic door bottom sweeps from National Guard Products (available through Harbor City Supply).

You can actually get channel mounted under door sweeps at most lumber yards and big box stores now. They are repair replacements for common metal insulated entry doors.

Thermatru sweeps are "lipless." They are designed to press fit into two saw kerfs. Be sure to seal in those kerfs before installing, as bare wood at the bottom of the door wicks up moisture pretty bad.

Thanks - I will look into these more. How about kerf style weatherstripping - anyone have a good source for that?

I should have thought of Conservation Technology earlier. They have been around for many years and have a pretty good reputation as far as I've heard.

My glass supplier just recommended zerointernational to me today for weatherstripping and sweeps. He said their products are very good quality. I have their catalog - very nice stuff. They are in the Bronx.